INTRO TO ENGINEERING | Age 5+
The ultimate introduction to Engineering & Science
• For start-up Engineers. Age 5+
• Understand engineering basics with 21 experiments & projects
• Includes experiments on levers, forces, and pulleys.
INTRO TO ENGINEERING – STEM Science Discovery Kit
By Thames & Kosmos, USA
The 21 Century focus. For young leaders of the future.
Our children are gifted with the power to invent and achieve astonishing technological feats — it’s through creative play that they learn how to exploit these skills.
Ever mused over how machines make work easier? Ever wondered how telephones and Televisions work? How a parachute slows down a fall? At the core of all these are the principles of Engineering and Mechanics.
Intro to Engineering welcomes young children to the field of engineering with 21 experiments and building projects in five different areas. By engaging in hands-on activities, children learn how engineers apply their scientific and technical knowledge to design machines and devices.
Start by learning engineering basics with experiments on levers, forces, and pulleys. Build simple devices using these basic components.
Move on to explore engineering on land by building vehicles with wheels, such as a race car and a wind-up car. Next, investigate engineering with air (and in the air) by building a helicopter, a pinwheel, a parachute, a glider, a balloon rocket, and an air-powered carousel. Then, build a diving bell, a sailboat, and a paddle boat to experiment with engineering in water.
• The basics of Engineering including forces, levers and pulleys
• How machines make work easier
• Build simple devices using these basic components.
• Find engineering at home modelling the telephone and television.
The kit includes:
• 48-page illustrated guidebook
• step-by-step, easy-to-follow hands-on experiments
• 21 fun experiments
• 70 included parts
Parents’ Choice Recommendation
Box Dimensions: 370 x 290 x 80 mm
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD — Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.