STEPPING Into SCIENCE | Scientific Toys | Age 5+
Award-winning Scientific Toys for Kids
Investigate Nature, Physics, Chemistry, Air and Water. The ultimate introduction to Science.
• For start-up scientists. Age 5+
• Understand physics, chemistry, plants, and more.
Be part of the Future!
Out of stock
STEPPING Into SCIENCE | Scientific Toys
By Thames & Kosmos, USA
The 21st Century focus. For young Leaders of the future.
Our children are gifted with the power to invent and achieve amazing scientific feats. Most of all, it’s through creative play that they learn how to exploit these skills.
What is Science?
Science is the study of the world around us. It is what we do to find out about the natural world. Scientists learn about the world by observing, describing & experimenting. Science also refers to the large amount of knowledge that has been found over the years this way.
Research uses the scientific method. Scientific research uses ideas based on earlier knowledge, which can be categorized through different topics.
There are many subjects and branches of science. Some study outer space like astronomy. Other sciences study life (chemistry and biology) or the earth (geology) or also matter and energy (physics).
Some great Scientists of the world:
Guo Shoujing: a Chinese astronomer, hydraulic engineer and mathematician who lived 650 years ago.
C.V. Raman: an Indian, he won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930 for his pioneering work on scattering of light.
Galileo Galilei: invented the telescope 450 years ago. Albert Einstein called him the “father of modern science.”
Leonardo da Vinci: an artist, and also a scientist. He invented robots, a war tank, a helicopter and a diving suit among many others, 500 years ago.
Why is Science important for kids?
Science experiments for kids allows them to learn to develop new technologies, solve practical problems, and make informed decisions about the world at an early age – both individually and with others in teams.
Because its outcomes are so useful, the process of exploring Science often delivers amazing applications: from a 11-year old awarded for her water-contamination testing invention (click for more), to AI (Artificial Intelligence) and how it will influence the jobs of tomorrow (click for more), to building a super-sports car that runs on salt water (click for more).
Thames & Kosmos STEPPING Into SCIENCE | Scientific Toys: The ideal introduction to a lifetime of scientific fun, experimentation and investigation. The kit includes 29 fun experiments in the five key areas of children’s science:
Build a barometer, see how water can climb, discover how colours mix, how sundials tell time, investigate hovercrafts suction, write secret messages, blow super bubbles, observe capillary action, and more!
This is the perfect starter kit to explore science fundamentals with step-by-step, hands-on experiments; and to introduce scientific methods.
Step into science, its never too early!
• Discover what plants need in order to grow. Then build a barometer, observe the clouds, see how water climbs, watch plants sweat, and investigate plant propagation.
• Discover how a magnifying glass enlarges, how colours mix, how static electricity attracts, how sundials tell time & how a motion picture works.
• Investigate air pressure, air flow, hovercraft, paper airplanes, and the force of suction.
More Fun Learning:
• Write secret messages, float a paper clip, blow super bubbles, observe capillary action & test displacement.
• Finally build a soap-driven boat, mix oil and water, experiment with evaporation, paint with sugar, and watch colours separate.
Experiment Manual: Click here
STEPPING Into SCIENCE | Scientific Toys kit includes:
• 48-page illustrated guidebook
• step-by-step, easy-to-follow experiments
• 29 fun experiments
Teachers Choice Award
Box Dimensions: 37 x 29 x 8 cm
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD – Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.